Lewis Jarred ROBERTSON 6/1/2021
Under section 21(2) of the Parole Act 2002
Lewis Jarred ROBERTSON
Hearing: 6 January 2021
at Hawke’s Bay Regional Prison via AVL to NZPB Offices
Members of the Board: Sir Ron Young – Chairperson
Ms S Driver
Mr P Elenio
In Attendance: [withheld]
[withheld] – Case Manager
DECISION OF THE BOARD
- Mr Robertson, who is aged 36, was sentenced to two years and three months’ imprisonment for burglary, unlawful possession of a firearm and breach of community work. He has three pages of previous convictions, including an aggravated robbery and property offending. He has a final release date of 15 April 2021.
- We last saw him in July 2020 and at that stage he had completed the MIRP. He had been accepted for the [withheld] supported accommodation but did not have any address or date for that release.
- As to the current position, since his completion of the MIRP he has worked on the forestry gang, he has been in self-care 1 and self-care 2 and in late July he was offered a place at the Whare. He has been at the Whare since that time. We have a report as to his progress there, which is excellent. In addition, he has been able to get work within the community on the release to work scheme at [withheld]. He has done well enough to be offered employment on his release in, he says, a supervisor role.
- All in all we are satisfied having completed all of his rehabilitation and done well on his reintegration so that he is no longer an undue risk and can now be released. He will be released on 18 January to [withheld].
- As to the proposed special conditions, we amend one only; that is the curfew which should be from 10.00 pm to 6.00 am and for a period of three months from his release date. The special conditions will apply for six months beyond his sentence ending.
- The special conditions are:
(1) To reside at [withheld] and not move from that or any other approved address unless you have the prior written approval of a Probation Officer.
(2) To comply with any tenancy agreement or rules issued by the provider of your approved accommodation.
(3) For 3 months from release to be at your approved address between the hours of 10:00 pm and 06:00 am daily unless you have the prior written approval of a Probation Officer.
(4) To attend an alcohol and drug assessment, and attend, participate in and complete any treatment or counselling directed by a Probation Officer.
(5) To attend an assessment for a departmental programme/maintenance group, and attend, participate in and adhere to the rules of the programme/maintenance group as directed by a Probation Officer.
(6) Not to have contact or otherwise associate, with any victim of your offending, [including previous offending] directly or indirectly, unless you have the prior written approval of a Probation Officer.
(7) Not to possess, use, or consume alcohol, controlled drugs or psychoactive substances except controlled drugs prescribed for you by a health professional.
“Please note: you may be required to undergo a drug or alcohol test and or submit to drug or alcohol monitoring.”
Sir Ron Young